About Me. Freelance Photographer residing in Kailua, Hawaii on Oahu. Military Spouse, nature lover and mommy super starI am finally living the dream.  After recently checking out of corporate America in order to explore my creative side, I am doing what I love.  Leaving the traditional work force and a steady income behind was scary, but after shaking the “how are we going to survive” jitters, I find creating art and working for myself challenging and extremely fulfilling..


My husband, Brian, encouraged me to leave paycheck chasing behind for a more soul feeding career. Without his patience, understanding, and great attitude, I probably would still be thinking about photography as just a hobby.


About Me. Freelance Photographer residing in Kailua, Hawaii on Oahu. Military Spouse, nature lover and mommy super starMy son has been the other driving force behind the change in career. As you often hear from new parents, “Having a child has changed my life.” It truly is no longer about me. I now ask, what is best for my child? How can I give him the best chance in life? What kind of example do I want to set for him. What values do I want to teach? So with all those questions as a new parent on the table, it was important that I teach my son to follow his dreams and not live for the $$. I must also give big hugs to my folks for always telling me that I could do anything or be anybody I wanted to be, I just needed to choose my direction and focus.


I hope as you read this blog over time you will watch as I improve technically and grow creatively. For those of you who know me well, or even a little bit, know that nature and the environment will be a reoccurring theme in my images. This blog will also host my family “snapshots”. Snapshots are my images that are taken quickly with very little thought but since I have a compulsive need to visually document everything, every shot just can’t be great but I really want to show where we were, are and will be… :)


About Me. Freelance Photographer residing in Kailua, Hawaii on Oahu. Military Spouse, nature lover and mommy super starAs this blog develops and as I choose my best images for my portfolio, I will incorporate this blog with my site http://www.liisaroberts.com. As of now, this is an all in one blog for me. Personal, professional, family, friends.. I am enjoying a loose documentation style of my adventures in Hawaii whether professional or personal. My portfolio is being developed at http://www.liisaroberts.com.


Thank you for reading and viewing.






Liisa Roberts


All Content Copyright ©2008-2009 Liisa Roberts Photography and may not be reproduced without expressed written permission.

0 comments

Post a Comment