I hope everyone enjoys the photos.. I believe they do a fine job in telling the story of our homecoming day. The images capture the pure joy, excitement and emotion that we shared with all the families that were anxiously awaiting their loved ones return from a six month deployment aboard the USS Gridley. I do want to add that this was the USS Gridley DDG 101s maiden deployment.
We just learned yesterday that Brian will be able to enjoy time off Thursday - Sunday this week. We will then have the opportunity to all reconnect and have some family fun! Mikko-Dakota is thrilled that his Daddy is home and is showing him all of his toys, art, favorite places, favorite books etc.. MD is just in awe that his Daddy is here and he can actually touch him.
Yesterday was a tough one as Brian had to work all day. Caused a bit of confusion for MD. He thought Brian was going back to the boat.. He cried for Brian all day and would say, "I really want my daddy home right now." Once Brian actually did make it home it was like homecoming all over again.. MD ran out of the house and down the stairs and jumped into Brian's arms. He was estatic that his Daddy came home again. YEAAAAAA.
I will post more later regarding our family adjustments and share photos of Brian being back at home!! Today, I just wanted to make sure I sent out photos of our long anticipated homecoming!
Thanks for sharing our joy this day!
Photos by Tess with At Last Photography . I have mixed a few photos in that Amber S. snapped while using my camera. Thank you both.
0 comments
Post a Comment