So the story goes:  I was out chasing rainbows ( for real ) on Tuesday morning and I happened to capture the most amazing rainbow before I dropped Mikko-Dakota off at school.  (Will post soon).  It was the most amazing double arch rainbow filling up Kaneohe Bay.  I needed an ultra wide angle to capture it in one shot; however, i was using my 18-70mm and tried creating a panoramic.  We will see how it turns out.  MD and I were ooooo-ing and awwwww-ing all while the rainbow was visible and then it was getting to be time for school.  I packed up MD and Luna and headed onto base.  


I am so grateful that we were caught up with the incredible rainbow as it guided me past Semper Fit Gym on Kaneohe Marine Corps Base.  I typically take the back gate which would circumvent the gym but photographing the rainbow led me through the front gate and right passed the gym where Barack and Michelle Obama were working out.  It wasn't until I passed the gym that I realized all the police cars were due to the President Elect and his wife getting some excercise.  I quickly decided that MD could be late for school and turned the car around and headed back to the gym.  When were we going to get the chance to potentially meet and be this close to the President of the United States again?


Today was our lucky day. After the Obama's immerged from the gym, they walked over to the small group of military personnell and family members that had gathered to shake hands and say hello.  Michelle and Barack thanked all the service members and their families as they posed for photos and shook hands.. Wahooo.. it was my turn.. Oh wait, I am taking photographs and holding MD and trying to shake Michelle Obama's hand first.  I snapped away and took the camera down to say thank you... Michelle smiled at me with a big beautiful smile and shook my hand and thanked me.   Once Barack came over all my intentions of inviting him over for coffee had left my head.  I was ugghh star struck..  I was shaking the President's hand.  Oh yes.. I did manage to take the camera away from my face to shake his hand and say, "You are going to do a GREAT job!"  and to hear him say, "Thank you very much."

It wasn't until the very end when I snapped out of the Obama trance that I asked someone to take a photo of MD and I with Obama in the frame.. ugghh. . OH well, maybe next time?

All Content Copyright ©2008 Liisa Roberts Photography and may not be reproduced without expressed written permission.

0 comments

Post a Comment