I truly forgot what a gem Nikon's old manual 50mm f1.8 truly was and still is...  Recently, I pulled out my old manual Nikkors to mess around with while my son played outside.  MD typically  wants me outside with him so I just grab my big old bag of lenses and start snapping at randomness.   I haven't used my 50mm in quiet sometime as it seems I am always shooting wide or ultrawide  these days.  But man oh man.. I forgot about the sweet sweet bokeh that comes along with this lens.  Disregard the composition of this image but gaze into the nice blurred and light refracted backdrop. 
I am so excited to use all my old Nikkors with the D700 once I upgrade.  

Sample of Nikon Nikkor 50mm f1.8 bokeh.
Click here or on image to view larger.

All Content Copyright ©2009 Liisa Roberts Photography and may not be reproduced without expressed written permission.