Paddled out to the Mokes this morning and had a fantastic time. Today worked me though. Amber seemed to notice the difficulty on the return paddle as well. I believe we both assumed that it was due in part to the hike we included once we landed on Moku Nui islet.
Mikko-Dakota got a kick out of the nesting Wedged-Tailed Shearwater sea birds. Interesting to see their eggs exposed and seemingly so vulnerable. I particularly enjoyed the tide pools on the back side of Moku Nui. Although we did not take a dip in the deeper ones this time, I am sure we will next time.
As we landed this morning, a couple of swimmers were chatting on the shore as they prepared to swim back to Lanikai. I am just amazed at the though of swimming that far. I mean, I guess it is not that far but for someone like me that has been scarred for life by the movie JAWS, it looked like a million miles away.
MD and Amber picked up any trash on the trail while I snapped away with my trusty Nikon. I needed to get some decent shots since the last paddle out I only had my cell phone camera. It was a great start to the day. Great friends, beautiful weather and knocking a nice workout out of the way early. MD got to check out the cool fish and hermit crabs in the tide pools as well as check out the nesting sea birds. Unfortunately, no honu sightings today but there is always tomorrow.Since moving to Hawaii, it seems I have fallen in love with kayaking just as much as I love hiking. Hiking is a fantastic workout for the lower body while kayaking is a great workout the upper body. Anything that keeps me out of a stuffy gym is a thrill. And for me personally, the benefits of both of these activities go well beyond the physical workout. They both allow me to quiet my mind, slow down, and deepen my spiritual connection. I look forward to Brian, MD and I reconnecting after Brian returns from deployment. MD has a huge list of all the places and things he wants to show daddy when he gets home.
While on the activity talk, Kim mentioned rock climbing this evening and said she would teach me to climb! I have always wanted to learn. Yahoooo.. And I know MD will love rock climbing as well. Another activity that we can do together that keeps us both moving and outside. Well, I think rock climbing will have me in a gym for a bit.. but I can make that exception. More info to come on climbing with a toddler.
In closing, life is good. :)
All Content Copyright ©2008 Liisa Roberts Photography and may not be reproduced without expressed written permission.







0 comments
Post a Comment