Last night was DET night. For those of you that might stumble upon this blog and are wondering what is DET night? Is that a new photoshop action set or is that some crazy night camera technique?
Well, neither. DET night pertains to the DETachment/s preparing for deployment. The deploying military members and their families gather up for a large question and answer session.
They are usually pretty informative. You get the chain of command contact information before your spouse deploys. You get briefed by an attorney on all the ins and outs of the different types of power of attorneys so that you have full or limited authority over all things concerning your spouse while they are away. You find out about summer camps for the kids, and childcare while their mommy's and daddys are away. There are activities planned throughout the year that Operation Homefront puts on for families of deployed personnel. Hmm. You fill out all the paper work in who to contact if something should happen to you or your spouse or both. How you and every family member should be informed if something happens. Pretty detailed. I am thankful for DET nights as a lot of questions get answered.
Last night I stayed home and worked. My time is so limited and every minute I can get alone to work, I work. Mixed emotions on missing DET night set in. Bummed I didn't see a few spouses that I would like to have said hello too. Disappointed I did not hear first hand all the information that I will probably ask about later. But at the same time relieved. I just did not know exactly how relieved I was to not go until this morning.
Until I opened the passenger door of my car and saw it right there on the seat. The thick sky blue folder brazen in big black bold letters: PRE-DEPLOYMENT (married with children). My heart sank. My stomach knotted. I looked past it, over it, around it and finally shut the car door on it so I did not have think about it. Just as I swung around from the car Mikko-Dakota was standing right behind me with his bike helmet on backwards and one knee pad on upside down. " Mommy, can you help me get on my bike." The pre-deployment noose tightened.
As the days count down until deployment.. Can't type the date as it is classified. But soon my friends soon. If you haven't heard from me much in the past few months it is because we have been soaking up family time everyday. I will be reaching out to say hey and sorry I haven't called. Please don't be angry just ask me how my day is going.
Love you all!
All Content Copyright ©2009 Liisa Roberts Photography and may not be reproduced without expressed written permission.
0 comments
Post a Comment